POLICY FOR FOOD BROUGHT INTO SCHOOL:
* Birthdays are recognized in a special and unique way in each class. Food is not permitted.
* Food is served in the classroom only at scheduled celebrations.
* Volunteer "class parents" will share information about food allergies in their assigned class.
* Please provide an ingredient list for all food brought to the school for classroom celebrations - this would include store-bought items as well as home-baked goods. We have students with a wide variety of food allergies and we need to be able to check the ingredient list.
* Parents of students with food allergies/sensitivities may choose to provide a safe snack that is similar to whatever the rest of the class is having. This is a great way to ensure that there is no chance of accidental exposure to an allergen by mistake or by cross-contamination. Another option is to provide the teacher with a small bag of safe snacks so that your child is always prepared.
Please see the health office FusionPage for nutrition information as well as recipes for healthy snacks submitted by Orchard School parents.