The primary purposes of the Lunch Time Program are to provide the children with a safe, explicitly structured and closely supervised setting to eat and socialize in an appropriate manner.
In order to realize the purposes of the Lunch Time Program, the following procedures will be implemented:
• All first through fifth graders will sit at teacher assigned tables in the Cafetorium. Grades 1,2 eat together from 12:20 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. Grades 3, 4 and 5 eat together from 12:00 p.m. to 12:20 p.m.
• At all times, children will be expected to demonstrate excellent table manners as modeled at home. The table manner behaviors should include:
A. Remaining seated while eating until directed to stand by the lunch time Supervisors.
B. Speaking in a soft voice.
C. Using phrases like: may I, please, excuse me, thank you, you're welcome.
D. Cleaning-up the table and the surrounding area when asked. It's so important for our children to have a sense of ownership and school pride for our building!
E. Showing respect to classmates by looking at him/her while he/she is talking.
F. Discussing opinions and ideas in a polite way. If there is a problem, ask a supervisor for help.
G. Listening to and following at all times the directions of the lunch time supervisors.
• During Outside Recess Time, all children will be expected to follow the school rules. Special emphasis during play time will be placed on showing respect and sensitivity to each other's feelings, and demonstrating excellent sportsmanship.
• During Inside Recess Time, all children will return to their classrooms. Reading, writing and/or drawing; playing activities designed by classroom teachers; quiet games like checkers, chess, Scrabble, other board games; cards; and other teacher-approved games constructed by the children are permitted.
• Children who go home for lunch must report to the Main Office to meet their parent/guardian. Only the parent/guardian can sign out the child.
ON-LINE LUNCH ORDERING
To order lunch for your child, please click on the Parents tab above. Then choose Lunch Information. Please follow the directions for ordering and take note of the monthly ordering dates. They are not always the same each month.